Grading foreman supervise all activities related excavating, grading, paving, and concrete work. Foreman also supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who sets grade stakes to guide equipment operators regarding highways, using measuring instruments and hand-tools. They read survey stakes along to determine grade specification. They measure horizontally and vertically using survey rod and eye level to ensure work is completed accurately.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers onsite
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other supervisors
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Prepare production and other reports
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices and workers
- Reading Text
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Oral Communication
- Using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of others or the organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Communicating effectively with others
- Complete written documentation and keeps detailed records
A high school diploma is required
Education Requirements :
- Some experience as a general construction labourer may be required
- A post Secondary Diploma in construction management or a related field may be required
The three-year Construction Engineering Technology program will provide you with the technical, business and interpersonal skills required to effectively manage construction projects of varying size and complexity, emphasizing sustainable construction practices.
- ALGONQUIN COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
- CANADORE COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
- CONESTOGA COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
- FANSHAWE COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
- FLEMING COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
- GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
- LOYALIST COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
- MOHAWK COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
- NORTHERN COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
- ST CLAIR COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING
Construction Management program provides practical training for individuals whose career goals include advancing their careers in the construction industry and the management of construction projects in a wide variety of settings. Graduates are equipped to manage the total construction process effectively, from initial planning to program completion.
- CENTENNIAL COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
- GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE-CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
Download Career Profile Pdf
Did you know
A foreman is typically the key point of contact between the ranks of management and labor
Back to Dashboard