Civil Engineers prepare project specifications for material, equipment, purchase and installation. They deliver designs that meet industry standards, specifications and solid constructability. They complete project documentation, work with municipalities, contractors, and the public to ensure design and construction is safe and meets regulations.
- Design major civil projects such as buildings, roads, bridges, water/waste management systems
- Develop construction specifications and procedures to meet guidelines or regulations
- Conduct various studies and complete reports
- Monitor air, water and soil quality and develop procedures to clean up contaminated sites
- Conduct analyses of survey and field data for development of hydrological and prepare reports
- Reading Text
- Document use & writing
- Measurements & Calculations
- Critial Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Data Analyis
- Communicating through problem-solving, research, teamwork and presentations
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire project while paying attention to detail
- Management ability and supervisory skills
Job Testimonial Videos
Job Overview Videos
University diploma required
Education Requirements :
- A bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related Engineering discipline is required
- Licensing by an association of professional engineers is required to approve drawings, and complete reports
The program allows you to choose your own courses and allows you to specialize in Civil Engineering of your choice. Civil Engineering is a broad branch of engineering and you are free to specialize in area of Civil Engineering such as structures, hydraulics and eco-hydraulics, transportation systems, flood forecasting, urban storm water management, waste water treatment, water supply, construction management, bioengineering and many more. You can also enhance your degree in water resources, environmental engineering and bio-mechanics.
- CARLTON UNIVERSITY-CIVIL ENGINEERING
- LAKEHEAD UNIVERSITY-CIVIL ENGINEERING
- McMASTER UNIVERSITY-CIVIL ENGINEERING
- RYERSON UNIVERSITY-CIVIL ENGINEERING
- UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA-CIVIL ENGINEERING
- UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO-CIVIL ENGINEERING
- UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO-CIVIL ENGINEERING
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN ONTARIO-CIVIL ENGINEERING
- UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR-CIVIL ENGINEERING
Download Career Profile Pdf
Did you know
Civil engineers created the slipperiness of a water slide. By designing the pumping system to discharge the correct amount of water to the flume, civil engineers made the fun of waterparks.
Did you know
The Great Pyramid at Giza-One of the earliest examples of civil engineering…and the only remaining original of the Seven Wonders.
Did you know
In the 18th century, the term “civil engineering” came into use to describe engineering work that was performed by civilians for nonmilitary purposes.
Back to Dashboard